The Holiday of God and Gifts

Christmas

Christmas is a very enjoyable and important holiday! My favorite holiday happens to be Christmas. Here is a sneak peak on what my family and I do on Christmas day and evening. First up, on Christmas evening my cousins and family go over to my grandmas to have her own separate Christmas. When dinner arrives we have ham, turkey and other Thanksgiving type sides. After dinner we get to the so called “best part”, opening gifts! We always have a blast seeing what we got and after we all go around and thank everybody for coming and for the gifts that we got. After that we all pack up and go home to set out the cookies for Santa at our own homes.

In the morning of Christmas day we wake up in the and my mom and dad go downstairs to take pictures of the tree while I wait until they say I can come. Then I open my stocking to see the candy and accessories I have gotten. After I open everything I thank my parents for the gifts they got me. After we think about what we want to eat for breakfast and eat breakfast we usually try on clothes we got and play with things we got. After that it is a day relax and have fun. We watch the NBA games that are on because we as a family love watching basketball and you could say we are a basketball family.

Its not just a holiday for presents! My family also remembers that it is a holiday that God is represented. It is a holiday to show that it is the birth of Christ. And also is the day that Jesus was born on. If you think about it you need to be very thankful Jesus was born because if he was not then December 25 would not matter at all. And our beautiful Christmas trees also a have a meaning to them. They represent Christ and the sign of undying life. Overall there is a lot to think about and be thankful for on Christmas besides just the great gifts you got.

References: Image: Christmas Joy